Miss Party created this easy, flavorful recipe to use for entertaining. As with many spice cakes and quick breads, it improves on the second day after baking which makes it a great choice for a busy hostess to make a day ahead. It’s perfect to serve with a hot beverage and good conversation!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup water
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3/4 cup raisins
1 cup confectioners sugar
2-3 Tblsp warm water
1) Grease a loaf pan. Set aside.
2) In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar and oil.
3) Add eggs, pumpkin, vanilla and water.
4) Sift together all dry ingredients, add into wet mixture. Mix well, be sure you don’t have any air bubbles or pockets of dry ingredients. Fold in raisins.
5) Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake 1 hour, 10 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a cake tester (tester should come out clean).
5) Remove baked bread from the oven, leave in loaf pan to cool for 10 minutes on a cooling rack. Remove bread from the pan and let cool on a cooling rack for 20 more minutes.
6) While the bread is cooling make up the ‘Frost’ glaze. Set your cooling rack on top of a dinner plate to catch excess glaze. Brush or drizzle glaze over the surface of the warm bread, let drip down sides. Let the glaze harden and the bread completely cool before wrapping in plastic wrap for storage.
Note: Bread also freezes very well; wrap in plastic and place in a plastic food storage bag, before freezing.