Woohoo! Miss Party survived the wood floor refinishing week! It was darn stinky but she hunkered down in a few rooms at the other end of the house and survived it. Thank goodness it’s finally over and done with. That crazy, last-minute decision stopped everything in it’s tracks for close to 3 weeks (the waiting to do it, the doing and the drying), but it was all worth it in the end…the floors look great!
The pain is in the rear view mirror and Miss Party is back in her happy place and having a much improved week. Now the fun comes putting the room back together and she can finally get down to the business of decorating it. Yesterday, Miss Party’s contractor worked with her all day to set up the room, hang hooks and paint the stairwell trim (to freshen it up). She worked furiously all day to get the room reset and decorated before knocking off around 4pm to get ready for her class.
Lots was accomplished over the last couple of days. Here’s what we got done:
1) got bed frame put together with headboard attached
2) set all other big furniture in place
3) laid a 5×7 grey/ivory zigzag rug and sheepskin throw rug, with the proper rug pads
4) got the bed made and top bedding worked out, took most of the day fooling around with that
5) worked the magic with all the accessories, like 2 gorgeous Robert Abbey crystal lamps, and other smaller furniture
6) unpacked and reset her daughter’s clothes closet
7) reset the stair landing area furniture arrangement and refilled the bookshelf
The bedroom still needs to get cozied up a little with some accessorizing, not too much as to be annoying for guests but a little here and there. The room still needs wall art. The attached bathroom needs to be cleaned from top to bottom from the floor sanding dust. The painter completed the stairwell trim and a couple of other things today.
Starting tomorrow through the next 2 weeks, Miss Party can’t get much more done in the room as her daughters will be home for their spring break weeks from their respective colleges. One item may get checked off during that time, though. Miss Party is hoping the window treatments can be installed. That will help to give the room a more finished look and feel less sterile. Unfortunately, the headboard slipcover is probably a month away from arriving but by the time that finally comes, the room better be officially DONE!
It’s getting there! Next time, Miss Party promises some pictures of the results…