This cute Cupcake Paper Garland uses paper cupcake cups or liners, and with so many adorable patterns now available, you’re sure to find lots of choices for your party theme or colors. Miss Party used a paper cup that coordinates with a Graduation Party Theme she is working on right now, but you could choose two solid cups and a patterned cup, or buy a coordinated set with several choices already packaged together. Most of us remember cutting out pretty paper snowflakes as children, this project puts that same skill to work here.
30-40 cupcake liners/cups (if purchasing different colors or patterns, you need an even number of each color whatever the ratio)
1 15 ft string, cord, or ribbon
Glue stick or double-stick tape
1) Take 2 cupcake liners of the same color or pattern and fold them in half, fold again into fourths, and fold one more time into 1/8th’s.
2) Cut along the arc edge of the 1/8th’s folded liners, making whatever inverted cuts for edging you would like: corner to corner inverted triangle will give a star shape, to rounded, scalloped, or even fringed.
3) Open the circles and flatten the fluting out with your hands, invert or turn the liners inside out, on both of the liners. Turn one cupcake liner over to have the two wrong sides facing each other; glue or tape the center of the liners with wrong sides together.
4) Fold the two liners back into fourths and snip the end of the point off; reopen the set and invert the paper liners so that they are standing away from each other as you see in the picture.
5) Continue making sets, using a variety of edges. Make some with triangle cuts on both long sides (snowflake style) when liners are folded into 1/8th’s.
6) String your sets onto the cord, string, or ribbon. Adjust spacing as desired.