Strawberry Macadamia Nut Bread is a moist, delicious quick bread that’s just a little different, but in a good way. The Kula Fields grow natural produce for home delivery in postcard-perfect Maui, Hawaii. This recipe makes two beautiful loaves (one to eat warm out of the oven (wink) and one to serve), it’s exceptionally delicious!
1 pound fresh strawberries, washed
3 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar (Miss Party used Raw Cane Sugar)
1 Tblsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. Kosher salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/4 vegetable oil
4 fresh eggs
1 1/4 cups chopped macadamia nuts (other nuts, such as walnuts, can be substituted or omitted if desired)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1) Butter and flour two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
2) Hull and slice strawberries into a medium bowl. Mash berries a little to release some of the juices, sprinkle lightly with sugar, set aside.
3) In medium mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda; mix well.
4) Blend oil and eggs in small mixing bowl; then, add egg mixture to strawberries. Stir well to combine.
5) Add strawberry mixture to dry ingredients, stirring as little as necessary to wet all the dry ingredients; add nuts and stir.
6) Divide batter into the two prepared pans. Thump pans on counter to remove air bubbles.
7) Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until tester comes out clean. Let cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Turn out loaves to cool completely.
RECIPE CREDIT: Roxanne Tiffin, Owner of Kula Fields