The flavors of pineapple and coconut together are synonymous with the Hawaiian and Caribbean Islands. You taste them in all sorts of food and drink, morning, noon and night. They just work perfectly together! Here is a fantastic summer fruit quick bread recipe that is easy to put together and delicious as an addition to breakfast, brunch or lunch for company or a perfect summer afternoon snack with a cup of Kona coffee :)
If you’d like to add something to your platter that’s healthy, slice up some fresh, summer fruit and berries or grapes. Your platter will be empty quicker than it took you to bake the bread! All the better that this recipe makes two loaves!
1 3/4 cups (1 20 oz can) pineapple tidbits (Miss Party prefers Dole brand, in 100% pineapple juice), drained well with juice reserved for…
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1 1/4 cup Sweetened coconut flakes
3 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. Kosher salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
4 fresh eggs, beaten
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1) Butter and flour two 9 x 5 loaf pans.
2) In medium bowl, combine crushed pineapple, pineapple juice, beaten eggs, oil and vanilla; mix well.
3) In second medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking soda; mix well.
4) Add half of the wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mix and repeat to fully combine. Blend until dry ingredients are just moistened, but enough that there are no pockets of flour mixture. Fold in coconut flakes.
5) Divide batter into loaf pans. Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of coconut flakes over the top of each loaf during the last 10 minutes of bake time. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn out loaves and cool completely on wire rack.