Miss Party LOVES “Rice Krispies Treats”! Reminds her of the 60s, sitting on the back porch swing in the summertime with nothing to do! Let’s see…cover them in chocolate and rainbow sprinkles, put them on a stick…yup, that works for her!! Make a batch and watch kids of all ages gobble them up!!
3 Tblsp butter or margarine, plus some for buttering your hands
6 cups of “Rice Krispies” or a similar crisped rice cereal, (Cocoa Krispies good too)
1 10.5 oz bag of mini marshmallows
1 bag of “Wilton Candy Chips“; flavor: Dark Cocoa, Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, or White Chocolate (candymaking aisle of craft store)
Rainbow Sprinkles or Jimmies
1 bag of 6” white lollipop sticks (available in candymaking aisle of craft store)
1) Prepare 1 batch of “Rice Krispies Treats” according to the directions printed on the side of the box. Press into a glass casserole dish to cool.
2) While waiting for the cereal mixture to cool, slowly melt chocolate candy chips in the microwave, in a microwave-safe bowl until chips are completely melted.
3) When the “Rice Krispies Treats” mixture has almost completely cooled, butter your hands and form 2 inch balls of firmly packed mixture, set aside in a bowl. Set up your Pop-making assembly line: cereal balls; lollipop sticks; bowl of melted chocolate; bowl of sprinkles or jimmies; and a parchment lined cookie tray.
3) With clean hands, push a lollipop stick into the center of a cereal ball and pack the mixture firmly around the stick. Set the Pop into the bowl of melted chocolate and, with a spoon, completely cover the cereal ball Pop with chocolate, scrape the bottom of the Pop for excess chocolate; dip the chocolate-covered Pop into the sprinkles or jimmies and push the pop around in the sprinkles a bit to get the sprinkles into the chocolate. Set aside on the cookie sheet to harden.
4) When finished with all the pops, carefully move the tray to the refrigerator for 5 minutes to harden.
Store Pops in a large plastic zipper baggie.