Miss Party is LOVING these cherry wood leaves! They are gorgeous!! Miss Party can imagine using them for any fall-themed party or in your home decor. Here are a few ideas to get you started!
- If you would prefer the leaves to be a different shade, they can be stained with wood stain of any color.
- Scatter a few of each type of leaf on tabletops or around a centerpiece.
- Hot glue a leaf to a wooden skewer. Make several and use them as floral picks to add to a fall floral arrangement.
- Use them to write the name of each of your food and beverage stations or write food dishes, then clip them to place card holders to use on the buffet.
- Write guest names directly on the leaves and use as place cards.
- Tie invisible thread to each leaf stem and create a mobile effect under a dining table chandelier (weave a silk leaf garland into the arms of the chandelier).
- Use leaves to decorate party favors, write the guest’s name and a message before attaching to the favor package.
- Use leaves to further decorate a fall silk wreath, by hot gluing them in place.
- Tie a leaf stem to either end of a length of fall ribbon or raffia and use as a simple, modern hanging for the back of each dining chair, or as a door or doorknob hanging.
- Use them for fabulous handwritten invitations for a fall party. While getting the leaves at Paper Source, pick up 5×7 envelopes in a pretty fall color.
They are available exclusively at Paper Source, in-store and online at http://www.paper-source.com. There are 4 different leaf shapes and two of each style –oak, maple, cherry and pine. A total of 8 per pack for $8.50. The package states they are made from sustainable Cherry wood farming and they are unstained. Each leaf is approximately 5″x 7″ in size and paper-thin.
If you plan to write on the leaves, do not use a marker, Sharpie-type pen as they will bleed. At the Paper Source, it was recommended to use a permanent, non-bleeding, pigment ink pen. The Salesperson recommended “Micron” pens in particular, which are available at Paper Source (online as well as in-store) and other retailers.
Get them while you can, they’re falling fast!