This particular pumpkin bread recipe has been a fall favorite for Miss Party for over 25 years! It’s moist and pumpkin-y, and just plain delicious! It’s a fabulous ‘go-to’ recipe that is ridiculously quick and simple to throw together and it makes two loaves at a time which is a big plus for a busy, distracted Hostess –you don’t have to remember to double every ingredient! (Can Miss Party tell you how many times she’s been in a hurry, intended to double a recipe and forgotten to double an ingredient! Aghhh!) This recipe can also be used to make lots of mini loaves.
3 cups white sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 can pumpkin (15 oz.)
2/3 cup water
3 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp allspice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1) Grease the bottom of two loaf pans; set aside.
2) In a large mixing bowl, mix oil, sugar, vanilla together.
3) Mix in eggs, pumpkin and water.
3) Sift in all dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly to be sure there are no air bubbles, or pockets of dry ingredients.
4) Split batter evenly between the two loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
5) Let loaves cool in the pans on a rack for 15 minutes or so. Slide a table knife between the loaf and the pan to loosen, then turn out the loaves onto a rack to cool completely. Wrap loaves in plastic wrap. Best to slice after completely cool.